- Create a knowledge standard tailored for government investment professionals.
- Develop the benchmark for the body of knowledge necessary to guide the critical professional development of current and future guardians of taxpayers’ monies.
- Become the gauge for future online and offline coursework development.
- Provide a way for government investment officers to distinguish themselves as leaders in the community and the marketplace.
Elevate your knowledge and reputation by being among the first to complete the CGIP program. Members will have two years to complete the 20 courses and pass the final exam. All of the coursework and the exams will be available online.
- Learn from leading professionals and peers
- Distinguish yourself in the investment community
- Advance in your current position or prepare for a new one
- Earn NASBA eligible CPE credits (# of credits TBD)
- Access courses 24/7 online
- Learn at your own pace; licenses good for up to 24 months.
|1||Investment Policies and State Laws|
|2||Cash Flow Analysis|
|3||Financial Market Overview|
|4||Federal Reserve Banking System and Monetary Policy|
|5||Economic Indicators and the Yield Curve|
|6||Fixed Income Instruments|
|7||Creating an Investment Plan/Portfolio Structures and Allocations|
|8||Bond Market Math|
|9||Understanding and Mitigating Risk|
|10||Options and Volatility – Callables and Prepayments|
|13||Portfolio Benchmarking and Measurement|
|14||Working with Broker-Dealers|
|15||Working with Outside Investment Managers or Advisors|
|16||Working with Custodians and Banks|
|17||Investment-Related Accounting (GASB and Budgeting Interest Income)|
|18||Reporting and Oversight|
|19||Investment Tools and Technology|
|20||Ethics and Professional Standards|
Initial program cost is $1500 for a two-year license to access the coursework and take the final exam. There will be a $50 administrative fee annually to renew the designation and continuing education requirements.
The designations are not mutually exclusive. While some of the topics covered are also covered in Bond School, the CGIP program offers all new courses specifically tailored for public sector professionals. CFIP grads may be able to breeze through some of the coursework, minimizing the hours needed to prepare for the comprehensive exam, but our guess is it will be an enjoyable part of your journey to always be learning. For those of you needing annual CPE credits, you will also be able to earn additional credits (# of credits TBD). We are happy to discuss which designation, or whether both, is most suitable for you depending on your career goals.
If you are a CFIP designation holder and continuing member at Fixed Income Academy, you are eligible to register in the CGIP program at the reduced rate of $1000. To inquire about your current enrollment/status with FIA call 800-243-5097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is available now for the course starting on January 1st 2017
Contact Jennifer Felger at GIOA or Susan Munson at Fixed Income Academy.
Jennifer: Jen.Felger@gioa.us, (702) 489-8993
Susan: email@example.com 800-243-5097