We Hope You Join Us! The 12th Annual Conference of the Government Investment Officers Association, "Market Madness" will be held March 23-25, 2016 at the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Register now for the low government registration rate of $100 (free for first-time government attendees!).
- Hotel Reservations:
Please book your rooms early to ensure the group rate of $78 for a standard room or $130 for a Monaco Suite (both with a resort fee of $25), good until February 22, 2016, or until the block is filled. Please click on https://resweb.passkey.com/go/XGIOA16, or call the Hotel Reservation Department at 800-311-8999 and mention group code XGIOA16, for the 12th Annual GIOA Conference.
Please check back later for a preliminary agenda.
Click here for the last year's agenda.
- Earn NASBA eligible CPE credits at no additional cost when attending the 2016 GIOA Conference. To learn more, click here or call 800-243-5097 to find out more about our education partner, Fixed Income Academy.
Information About the 2015 Conference:
2015 Conference Sponsors
- Bond University
Rick Phillips, President and Chief Investment Officer, FTN Financial Main Street Investment Advisors
- Funding and Liquidity Management
Jim Zucco, Fannie Mae, Director, Funding and Liquidity
- Advanced Portfolio Strategies
Margaret Kerins, Advanced Portfolio Strategies, BMO Capital Markets
- Establishing and Maintaining an Investment Policy
Ryan Bilsky, Assistant VP, Fixed Income Trader, KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Credit Analysis
Ed Ingalls, Income Research+Management
- Economic Update
Chris Low, FTN Financial
- Commercial Paper: An Issuer's Perspective
Jason Katzen and Nicholas Ro, Toyota Motor Credit Corporation
- Securitized Products - ABS/MBS
Jim Womack, Managing Director, Atlanta Capital Management Co.
- Keynote: Are We Off to a Disappointing Start?
Jim Bianco, Bianco Research
- Agencies — Diversifying Your Options: OPIC
Stephen Feeney, Managing Director of Capital Markets, OPIC
- Agencies — Diversifying Your Options: PEFCO
Raj Nandkumar, Vice President and Treasurer, PEFCO
- Agencies — Diversifying Your Options: TVA
Josh Carlon, Director, Corporate Finance, TVA
George Richardson, Head of Capital Markets, The World Bank
- Interest Rate Strategies
Michael Kahn, Director, US Rates Sales, TD Securities USA
- Keeping Score of Your Portfolio
Jon Highum, Head CPE, Fixed Income Sales, Wells Fargo Securities
- GASB Update
Randy Finden, Project Manager, GASB
- Investing in and Analyzing Muni Debt
Richard S. Szalkowski, Senior Vice President, Municipal Bond Analyst, Raymond James
2014 Presentation (referenced in a 2015 Presentation):
- Tri-Party Repo
S. Joel Cartee, Locke Lord LLP and Jeff Kidwell, AVM, LP
Useful Links Relating to the 2014 Conference:
- Conference Attendee Lists:
Photos of the 2014 GIOA Conference: