About the GIOA
What is the GIOA?
Investment focus is Number One!
Many other professional organizations have investments as a portion of their conferences or organizational focus. The GIOA’s main focus will be the day-to-day investment functions and duties of Government Investment Officers.
The organization is accepting applications from government Investment Officers to join its Board of Directors and committees.
GIOA Mission Statement
Government Investment Officers are guardians of taxpayers’ monies. Pursuant to that duty, the mission of the GIOA is the education and training of Government Investment Officers to assist them in their responsibilities, which are as follows:
- Ensure safety of principal through suitable investments
- Maintain sufficient portfolio liquidity
- Generate a market rate of investment income through economic cycles
- Optimize and measure investment performance
- Communicate portfolio policy and plan to the governing board and public