What is a Certified Government Investment Professional (CGIP)?
GIOA has demonstrated a long-standing commitment to the continuing education of Government Investment Officers and Professionals nationwide. As a continuation of that mission, a team of dedicated investment professionals and longtime GIOA members have developed the Certified Government Investment Professional (CGIP) designation, and 20 courses specifically for individuals responsible for managing or supervising government investment portfolios.
- Create a knowledge standard tailored for government investment professionals.
- Develop the benchmark for the body of knowledge necessary to guide the critical professional development of current and future guardians of taxpayers’ monies.
- Provide a way for government investment officers to distinguish themselves as leaders in the community and the marketplace.
Elevate your knowledge and reputation by completing the CGIP program. Members will have one year to complete the 20 courses and pass the final exam. All of the coursework and the exams will be available online.
- Learn from leading professionals and peers
- Distinguish yourself in the investment community
- Advance in your current position or prepare for a new one
- Access courses 24/7 online
- Learn at your own pace; licenses good for up to 12 months.
|1||Investment Policies and State Laws|
|2||Cash Flow Analysis|
|3||Financial Market Overview|
|4||Federal Reserve Banking System and Monetary Policy|
|5||Economic Indicators and Interest Rates|
|6||Fixed Income Instruments|
|7||Creating an Investment Plan/Portfolio Structures and Allocations|
|8||Bond Market Math|
|9||Understanding and Mitigating Risk|
|10||Options and Volatility – Callables and Prepayments|
|13||Portfolio Benchmarking and Measurement|
|14||Working with Broker-Dealers|
|15||Working with Outside Investment Managers or Advisors|
|16||Working with Custodians and Banks|
|17||Investment-Related Accounting (GASB and Budgeting Interest Income)|
|18||Reporting and Oversight|
|19||Investment Tools and Technology|
|20||Ethics and Professional Standards|
Initial program cost is $1,000 for a one-year license to access the coursework and take the final exam. You can take the open-book exam 5 times to pass, you will need to pass with an 80% or higher score. A six-month extension will granted for a $100 fee. There will be a $25 administrative fee annually to renew the designation.
How do I sign up?
Step 1: Register for the CGIP Course by clicking the link below.
Step 2: Pay for the CGIP Course
Step 3: An account will be set up for you on the CGIP learning platform
Paying for the CGIP Course
You can pay via check or online by clicking the button below.
Still have questions?
Contact Rick Phillips